A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Make your potential employer notice you more by making sure you have all of the following parts in your cover letter:
- Proper salutation and addressee. Know who you are writing to. If in case you have no idea of the name of your addressee, simply put Dear Sir/Madam.
- Explain which position you are applying for and mention how you heard about or came across their job opening. Specify the job position, mention where you saw their advert, and cite the whole name if ever a person referred this position to you.
- Describe your professional characteristics in a professional manner and mention your qualifications and skills for the position.
- State your career goal and what you are capable and willing to do for the company you are applying at. Use the most salient points of your resume for this part.
- Request for an interview or state your availability to meet with their interviewers whenever convenient to them. The advert stated you have to indicate your salary, mention this before ending your cover letter and requesting for a personal interview. You can choose to skip this if they did not request it.
Don’t forget to have closing remarks such as “Respectfully yours,” and then sign it underneath.