The Resume Template is a Sample.
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Home (925) 555-1234
AREAS OF STRENGTH
Software Design / Teaching / Training / Communication / Analysis
- 30+ years experience in software, software engineering, software development, software architecture, software development methodology and
practices, web, Internet, intranet, distributed application, client/server, object-oriented analysis and design, requirements analysis and modeling,
data modeling, and database design. Progressed through analytical and applications work to senior management positions.
- Held positions with management responsibility, including training, for up to 300 employees engaged in computer applications development, data
center operations, engineering support, and related activities. Operated 2 small companies with responsibility for capital and operating budgets and
project budgets. Previously responsible for capital and operating budgets for a major Federal data center.
- Excellent communication and teaching/training skills. Articulate with professional and educated manner. Sensitive to needs of organization and
individuals which enables me as instructor, consultant, team builder, or team member to work with diverse groups. Listen well to others.
- Experienced in bridging communication gap between technical projects and organizational management or client objectives, between projects with
differing objectives, between technicians and non-technical management and users, between diverse specialists integrating diverse and often conflicting
viewpoints facilitating communication.
- Provided training to clients and internal staff in application of new technologies. Tailored application and training to fit clients’ needs,
resources, and culture.
- Brought together and led team to create and operate major data center. Negotiated, secured budget and workload commitments from other
organizations with diverse and conflicting objectives.
- Solid technical background and current IT knowledge. Broad-based experience ranging from mainframe applications and data center operations to
latest web application development. Learn new technologies and practices quickly.
- Experienced in software development and quality assurance, data center planning and operations, and in other technical areas that utilize, but
are not part of IT. Most projects have pushed limits of available combination of technology and resources.
- Have been largely involved in and responsible from project conception through deployment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Career history includes many examples of creative solutions using available tools and
technologies. Understand and view projects within larger context of client or management goals. Evaluate stated requirements and expectations in terms
of technical feasibility and cost, organizational priorities, and outcomes.
- Web and distributed applications using:
- Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
- Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Application servers (WebLogic, Tomcat, Jonas)
- Object-oriented analysis and design using:
- Rational Rose
- Software engineering development methodology and best practices using:
- Rational Unified Process
- Rational RequisitePro
- Rational ClearQuest
- Client/server applications using:
- Visual Basic
- Crystal Reports
- Windows 95/98/NT/2000
- Database design and implementation using:
- SQL Server
- Desktop applications using: Microsoft Office and Visual Basic for applications
SFB, Maple Park, MD 2008 to Present
- Software development and consulting service with 2 – 6 employees.
- Direct all aspects of business. Coordinate with customers, interpret and analyze client requirements, estimate and manage projects, manage and
lead software development projects, and engineer, design, and implement software solutions.
- Engineered, designed, and developed commercial web-based time accounting product for client using J2EE technology. This was first project client
had received on time and within budget.
- Designed object-oriented software development process and methodology for client. Trained client developers in process and methods.
- Rebuilt client’s system for order entry, invoicing, customer contact management, and fulfillment of subscription and seminar orders. Integrated
system with accounting functions. Developed data mining and reporting functionality to support marketing and management.
- Developed call center scheduling product.
- Recruited and led team of expert developers to perform outsourced development work for
Jaybird Corporation, Annandale, VA 2007 to 2008
Company provides analytical services related to health care financing for Federalagencies.
Successfully developed software application to test compliance with EDI standards for transmission of claims and eligibility data.
Octagon, Inc, Annapolis, MD 2006 to 2007
As senior software engineer acted as internal consultant for development methodology.
- Redesigned application’s data model, internal functionality, and user interface to add features that moved product to level above competition.
Coordinated development and builds to meet release dates. Octagon, Inc., Annapolis, MD 1995 – 1996
2005 to 2006
Led effort and contributed innovative designs to transform initial version of product into full-featured and robust product which was very saleable.
Acme Resources, Princeton, NJ 2004 to 2005
Planned and performed pre-release system testing on product upgrades.
- Devised improved test cases for 2 products.
- Performed system testing to assist in release of product upgrades.
Acme Resources, Princeton, NJ 2003 to 2004
- Researched and developed improvements to statistical process control system.
- Successfully completed project by coordinating with several departments to define requirements, design, and implementation of required software
Zane Company, Baltimore, MD 1996 to 2003
Provided analytical and data processing services in support of health care financing research and actuarial studies.
Directed studies and led development and utilization of software and processes to analyze? large quantities of health care data, primarily on Medicare
and Medicaid programs. Managed all fiscal and administrative functions of company. Secured and administered research grants. Coordinated with and
supported Federal research organizations and initiatives.
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH