The Resume Template is a Sample.
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking a position utilizing organizational development experience, project management capabilities, public relations, departmental liaison, and human
resource skills, graduate education, as well as previous experience.
Skilled in all aspects of professional Social Work, case management, psychosocial and interdisciplinary evaluations and assessments, surveys and
interviews, training and teaching, individual and group counseling, team leadership, behavior management planning, staffing, and related administrative
Skilled in working with clients of all ethnic and demographic backgrounds, experienced in therapy and assistance for conditions including depression,
grief, loss, psychosis, anger management, phobias, eating disorders, substance abuse, as well as family and environmental concerns.
Noted for excellent knowledge of and adherence to professional protocol, social work values, and federal / state regulations. Able to exercise good
networking skills and maintain an active list of community resources and social service agencies.
Human Resource experience includes recruitment, screening, hiring, implementation of training programs, coaching and motivation of staff, ensuring
compliance with minority hiring regulations, management development, and production of comprehensive employee rules and procedures manuals.
Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through interaction with clients and colleagues, extensive interviews, production of detailed written
assessment reports, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
JEFFERSON HUMAN SERVICES, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 2009 to Present
Social Worker Supervisor
- Served as Regional Transition Coordinator Supervisor providing training for five private providers and facilitating transfers of individuals
from institutions to the community. Supervised and trained a staff of three, provided technical assistance as needed, and supervised program
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT of HEALTH & HOSPITALS 2007 to 2009
- Coordinated comprehensive social services to a caseload of 15 mentally retarded individuals and their families, developed and supervised
individual program plans, and trained a staff of 12 for program implementation. Facilitated interdisciplinary team meetings, monitored services,
provided supportive counseling to clients and families, and coordinated client discharges to the least restrictive environment.
- Served as Program Coordinator for the state-wide Tobacco Prevention Program and identified needs for resources and training related to
community-based services. Trained eight community organizations in program guidelines, assisted in revising rules, regulations, and procedures to
comply with federal and state tobacco control laws, and assisted the program administrator in writing grant proposals.
CHARITIES CARE CENTER, New Orleans, Louisiana 2006 to 2007
Clinical Social Worker
- Supervised a staff of 8 employees and monitored their work during absences of the program director, provided clinical social work services to 10
homeless women and their children, conducted intake and psychosocial assessments, and led individual, family, and group counseling sessions. Developed
a comprehensive community resource listing for clients.
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT of HEALTH & HOSPITALS, New Orleans, 2003 to 2006
- Provided case management services to 25 pediatric patients and their families, functioned as an advocate for the patient within the hospital and
with community agencies in obtaining needed services, and coordinated services with medical specialists as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Supervised a caseload of 15 high-risk pregnant females to ensure optimal pregnancy outcome, provided home visits as a component of extended
services linking patients with community and private resources, established cooperative working relationships between patients and resource agencies,
and worked with the medical team on case status progress and outgoing treatment plans.
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY SERVICES, New Orleans, Louisiana 2001 to 2003
Social Services Specialist
- Provided supportive counseling and other services for a caseload of 25 clients, arranged for provision of services from community resources
based on case plan, prepared psychosocial assessments, wrote correspondence to appropriate agencies, and developed case plan goals and objectives in
family team conferences and agency staffing.
OFFICE OF PUBLIC HEALTH, New Orleans, Louisiana 2000 to 2001
- Coordinated adolescent family planning clinical and community services, made public presentations, and worked with two local school systems to
address support needs of students and other adolescents. Participated with various community groups, local government agencies, churches, and community
action programs to maximize services to adolescents.
ST. LOUIS CHARITIES ADULT RESIDENTIAL SERVICES, New 1999 to 2000
Program Director / Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Developed and implemented residential service program plans for six mentally retarded adults, supervised and trained direct care staff,
monitored clients’ progress, and ensured compliance with agency funding, licensing, certification, and accreditation regulations. Established and
maintained effective communication with all levels of staff, state personnel, community groups, clients, and volunteers.
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT of HEALTH & HOSPITALS, New Orleans, 1994 to 1999
Social Services Counselor
- Coordinated services of public providers to meet the needs of a caseload of 12 mentally retarded and developmentally disabled clients. Provided
case management services for the caseload of Gary W. lawsuit class members. Participated in the interdisciplinary team process, conducted educational,
medical, and social assessments, negotiated payments for client services, and translated clinical findings into services.
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT of HEALTH & HOSPITALS, New Orleans, 1991 to 1994
Eligibility Determination Examiner
- Critically analyzed all aspects of information given by applicants applying and re- applying for public assistance and food stamps. Educated
applicants on policies and procedures, conducted interviews, made referrals to other social services agencies, and used computer systems to retrieve
information covering all parishes in Louisiana.
Professional Seminars and Continuing Education
Continuing Education Units:
- Anxiety Disorders: The Role of the Social Worker in Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ethical Standards
- LCSW Review 2001
- Legal Issues and Aging
- Stress Management Seminar
- Psychopharmacology Seminar
- Substance Abuse Seminar
- Community Connections for Persons with Disabilities
- Managing a Productive Work Force
- Time Management Skills for Supervisors
- Evaluating Employees through Performance Planning and Review
- Health Care Assessment Seminar
- Developing Quality Leadership Skills
- Human Resource Policies and Procedures for Managers
- Clients’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Critical Incident Reporting
M.A., Social Work
TULANE UNIVERSITY, New Orleans, Louisiana 1994
- Academic Scholarship: Tulane University School of Social Work Scholarship
- Activities: Tulane School of Social Work Cultural Diversity Group
- Relevant Coursework: Social Work Research, Social Policy I and II, Human Behavior in the Social Environment I and II, Death and Dying, Chemical
Dependency, Brief Treatment, Marital and Family Therapy, Theory and Treatment of Depression, Social Work and Groups, Social Work Practices and Methods
- Field Internship I and II: Served as Social Work Intern at Behavioral Medicine Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Rotated through Assessment and
Referral, Children and Adolescent Program, Home Health Care, In-Patient Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency Units, and Senior Partial Hospitalization.
Concentrated in Chemical Dependency Partial Hospitalization Program.
- search Paper: Group Paper for Social Work Practice Course, “Therapeutic Considerations for Victims of Acquaintance Rape”
- Master’s Thesis: “The Effects of Art Therapy on Non-Compliant Behaviors of At-Risk Youth”
XAVIER UNIVERSITY, New Orleans, Louisiana 1991