The Resume Template is a Sample.
Maria Gould, CPA
604 Harmony Lane, Pleasantville, CA 94588, Home (925) 555-1234, email@example.com
Accountant with more than 20 years of Finance and Accounting experience. Expertise in preparing financial statements, monitoring daily cash transactions, developing annual budgets, and recording all financial activity for small to medium sized businesses. Recruited and cultivated a first-rate team of financial support professionals. Bachelors degree in Accounting with a strong background in Finance and Accounting methodologies and practices.
• Problem Solving – Assessed existing fiscal procedures, identified and implemented improvements to strengthen the financial health of the business
• Management by Mentoring – Active motivator, supervisor and trainer, committed to the growth of individuals and the success of the company.
• Fiscal Communications – Experienced presenting fiscal information to senior management and documenting financial policies and procedures.
• Independent Operations – Served as sole financial professional for several small businesses. Maintained financial schedules and ensured quality reports and analyses.
• Computer Expertise – QuickBooks, ADP Payroll, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
RIVERSIDE SECURITIES, New Orleans, Louisiana 2007 to Present
Supervised Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department. Provided training to develop and enhance quality customer relations. Ensured and maintained ethical accounting practices.
• Developed and implemented comprehensive annual budgets, and provided accurate and timely monthly reports to control budget overruns.
• Managed Accounts Receivable and Billing staff, provided training to ensure consistent quality, and addressed employee concerns. Improvements in workplace environment reduced staff turnover by 25%.
• Directed Accounts Payable staff to identify cost savings related to payments, realizing a 17% increase in discounts earned.
• Analyzed financial accounts to provide detailed reports of fiscal health to senior management.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, INC., St. Lucia, Louisiana 2003 to 2007
Assisted Accounting Manager in daily financial processing, including monitoring of payroll data, cash receipts, billing, disbursements, expense accounting, and deposits. Developed policies and procedures for fiscal management.
• Implemented and monitored automated payroll, resulting in a 24% reduction in cost and 62% decrease in processing errors.
• Streamlined system for preparing Bank Deposits and Bank Reconciliations, reducing the delay in depositing by 2 days while increasing interest earnings.
• Conducted Fixed Assets Analysis to identify opportunities to strengthen assets. Analyses resulted in additional $15 million fixed asset acquisition.
BANK OF BATON ROUGE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 1996 to 2003
Developed annual strategy for loan marketing activity. Managed staff of 8 consumer loan consultants, with portfolio of $80M. Maintained group credit listings for accounts over $20M.
• Designed Access database and prepared quarterly loan reports to identify payment trends and delinquent accounts.
• Prepared loan marketing presentations and supported all departmental marketing efforts, reducing the rate of customer inquiries.
• Created catalog of delinquent loans and developed a profile of high-risk customers used to screen applications in 30% less time.
• Managed the timely creation and distribution of Mortgage Portfolio reports, reducing the historical delay by half.
BANK OF BATON ROUGE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 1990 to 1996
Maintained proper cash limits, cashed checks, accepted deposits, and issued cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, cash advances, and funds transfers. Experienced with Merlin Platform, Boss / Fast, IONA, and BICS.
• Developed thorough understanding of products and procedures, resulting in fast-track promotion, and reducing Bank Manager overtime.
• Analyzed credit card and loan application process and designed new procedures to decrease turnaround and increase customer satisfaction.
• Trained new hires on standard operations and ethical practices to ensure professional service.
City University, Baton Rouge, LA 1990
Bachelors Degree, Accounting
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Member, Louisiana Board of Accountants
• Elected to the Teller Dream Team.
You can find more free resume templates for other more specific accounting jobs below:
Accountant Clerk Resume Sample
Accountant Resume Sample
General Accountant Resume Sample
Accountant Best Resume Sample
Accountant Executive Resume Sample
Accountant Payable Clerk Resume Sample
Accountant Professional Resume Sample
Accountant Receivable Clerk Resume Sample
Accountant Trade Resume Sample
Auditor Resume Sample
Biller Accounting Resume Sample
Book-keeper Accountant Management Resume Sample
Book-keeper Accounts Payable Resume Sample
Cost Accounting Manager Resume Sample
Senior Accountant Resume Sample
Senior Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Tax Accountant Resume Sample