The Resume Template is a Sample.
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Home (925) 555-1234
Foreign language teacher with 34 years experience in secondary Foreign Language classroom teaching seeks part-time or full-time position. Extensive
instructional experience includes graduate-level education, creative teaching and classroom management skills, and an enthusiasm for student
Develop the academic and personal strengths of each student, using a student-centered, holistic approach with a focus on oral and written foreign
language proficiency in a strong conversational curriculum.
Employ a variety of instructional techniques, including total physical response and storytelling (TPRS), standard grammar instruction, cooperative
learning, reinforcement of daily instruction via homework, and a variety of short stories, literature, film, music, and authentic cultural materials.
Maximize meaningful personal achievement, enhanced participation, and individual accountability
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Skilled in all aspects of classroom operations, curriculum development, evaluation of student progress, coordination with faculty, parents, and
administration, facilitation of positive learning environments, and related administrative duties.
- Communication skills demonstrated through design of classroom presentations and lectures, creation of detailed written lesson plans and student
evaluations, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Experienced in diverse educational settings, working with students from all learning levels and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Committed to teaching to meet individual students needs, and keeping parents informed of student progress. Offer ideas and materials to continue
the educational process in the home
French and Russian Tutor
Independent Contractor, New Orleans, LA 1978 to Present
- Provide tutoring in conversational French, academic assistance, and professional tutoring for young people and adults. Develop and implement
strategic study plans and strategies for underperforming students to improve French language skills, subject matter comprehension, and improve grades.
Assist adults who wish to acquire proficiency in French or are planning to travel to France
Public High School, New Orleans, LA 1998 to Present
- Serve as French teacher with an emphasis in oral proficiency, use of multi-media tools, and active student participation in the learning process
through practical conversational techniques.
- Maintain classroom interest, motivation, participation, and discipline though innovative and creative teaching techniques. Duties include
program implementation, lecturing, curriculum development, preparation of lesson plans, administering exams, conducting evaluations, writing and
grading exams, enforcing classroom discipline, improving skills, and utilizing contemporary subjects and events to increase participation and interest.
- Manage all aspects of classroom, including evaluation of student progress, and facilitation of a positive learning environment. Coordinate with
students, parents, volunteers, and educational professionals to ensure consistent quality educational and developmental opportunities
- Selected to develop and implement Standards & Benchmarks for three levels of French. Current and previous special assignments and positions
of additional responsibility have included Foreign Language Department Chairperson, Faculty Advisory Committee Chairperson, and Swim Team Moderator
French / Russian Teacher
Local High School, New Orleans, LA 1987 to 1998
- Instructed French and Russian courses for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. Handled classroom management, lesson planning, assigning homework
and projects, lecturing, grading papers, curriculum development, individual tutoring and counseling, assessing student performance, and coordinating
with teachers, parents, and administration.
State College, New Orleans, LA 1981 to 1987
- Prepared continuing education curriculum, made presentations, engaged in conversational exercises, and participated in curriculum development
Social Studies and Russian Teacher
Township High School, Kent, WA 1978 to 1981
- Taught Russian and Social Studies courses to high school students using self-provided teaching materials and supplementary teaching aids.
Maintained classroom interest, motivation, participation, and discipline through creative teaching techniques. Developed, administered, and graded
tests, evaluated performance and assigned letter grades, and participated in various school activities and events. Served as Senior Class Advisor and
developed and taught Black Studies and Contemporary World Problem
National Science Foundation, Fordham University, New York, NY
- Provided research assistance to a faculty professor and departmental staff on scientific studies of manpower surveys, conducted statistical
studies, including countries worldwide, and measured, examined, and cataloged quantitative data
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY, New York, New York
M.A., Russian Language and Literature, Minor: Russian Area Studies
GPA: 4.0, Major GPA: 3.47
WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY, Salem, Oregon
B.A., Russian Language and Literature, Minor: Political Science
- Recent Continuing Education & Workshops
- Microsoft PowerPoint Workshop
- Total Physical Response and Storytelling Workshop
- Strengthening Foreign Language Instruction, Bureau of Education and Research
- Foreign Language & Conversation Studies
- Alliance Française, Advanced French Conversation, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Alliance Française, Certificate of Competence, Paris France
- Oral Examination in Russian, Fordham University, New York, New York
- Intensified Russian Language Studies, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Spanish Language Studies, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Teaching Certifications and Studies
- Louisiana Permanent Teaching Certification, Type A / 037437
- Louisiana Certification in French, Social Studies and Russian
- Washington Teaching Certification, University of Washington
- Methods of Teaching History, University of Washington
- Education Courses for Certification, Hunter College, New York, New York
Traveled to various countries including France, England, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Italy, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Yugoslavia,
Bulgaria, Denmark, and Finland. Have lived abroad for up to 10 months at a time.