The Resume Template is a Sample.
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Home (925) 555-1234
Well-rounded, tech-savvy first class honors electrical engineering graduate producing useful solutions through comprehensive research and logical
thinking. Strengths include:
- Problem-Solving · C, Java, MATLAB
- Research / Report Writing · DSpace, SIMULINK
- Planning and Organizational Skills · Protel, Flash
- Meeting Deadlines · Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Two-time Dean’s List recipient over-delivering to ensure consistent high quality of work.
B.Eng (First Class Honors)-
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE 2010
- Awarded Dean’s List twice in 00/06 and 02/07 semesters.
- Thesis: Simulated theoretical performance of two new mode-switching controllers for 2.5″ mini-hard disk drives on MATLAB.
- Initiated self-directed research to investigate feasibility and accuracy of previous research done on topic.
- Reduced disk latency 25%, from 12 milliseconds to 9 milliseconds, by optimizing time and accuracy through robust placement of controllers.
- Uncovered causes of deviation of theoretical and practical results (inaccuracy of laboratory equipment and depreciation of hard disk) through
careful research and inquisitive questioning.
- Programmed software, designed circuit board and conducted hardware testing for construction of micro-controller of remote control car from scratch in
- group of five.
- Submitted project punctually without need for overtime work as compared to other groups due to meticulous planning of time schedule-received
individual ‘A-‘ grade for project.
- ‘A’ Levels-Hwa Chong Junior College (HCJC) 2007
- Achieved 4As in nationwide examinations-top 10% of Singapore student cohort.
- Extra-curricular Activities: Played key role in team’s third position placing in National Schools’ Bowling Championship in ’96.
INTERNSHIP / VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Mechatronics & Microsystem Dept-DATA STORAGE INSTITUTE (6 months) 2011
- Performed programming of interface to link hard disk drive to MATLAB for testing together with another intern plus assistance from one engineer and one
research scholar-program later sold to outside organizations. Enlisted help from research scholar to link source code in C++ to MATLAB.
- Consolidated functions of two software programs into one improved version with more specific testing functions that simplified processes and
increased efficiency of operations.
- Wrote 30-page user manual to educate future users and produced 30-page industrial attachment report detailing learning experiences to NUS
- Successfully completed project within four months-two months before deadline!
Joy Center (four months) 2010
- Helped in establishing retirement community, including purchasing furniture and exercise equipment and planning and coordinating day-to-day