A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Putting your resume out there is one way to get noticed by employers. Some sites will charge you to post your CV while others, like Craigslist, will not charge anything. Below, you will find the necessary steps for you to post your resume on Craigslist.
- Make sure you prepare your resume and save it in the MS Word format or any other common formats that are accepted by websites.
- Click your browser icon to open and visit the Craigslist website.
- Once you land on the site, choose your location by looking at the list of states on the right. After, you choose the nearest city from a list featured on the next page.
- On the top left corner of your screen, you will find a “Post to Classifieds” button. On the next screen, you will find “Resume/Job” on a list so click on that.
- If you get the prompt to select the specific neighborhood you live in, do just that. It is not necessary to do so but it will let employers near you know that you are just nearby.
- You will need a catchy title for the “Posting Title” box. Make sure you write a short concise description of your skills.
- Once this is done, just copy and paste the resume to the larger text box. This is labeled “Posting Description” but check and make sure the format isn’t all messy and there aren’t any missing letters. Also, make sure you include your email address.
- If you want to remain anonymous and free from spam, select contact options.
- Click on “Continue” add any images that may be asked of you and click the “Done with Images” button. Preview your post and click on “Edit Text” if you see a need for revisions. Once you are done, click on “Continue”.
- Verify your account by opening your email and clicking on any links on the mail sent by Craigslist as this is the final step to publishing your resume.