A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Bad resumes can turn potential employers away from you! Check your resume several times and make sure you avoid the following errors on your resume for a professional appearance even just on paper:
- Typos – Spelling matters! Take particular care about the company name, your addressee, your name and contact information, and other proper names as well as just about every other work in your resume.
- Outdated resume – Don’t look like someone who doesn’t pay attention by not updating your resume. Include your most recent jobs and mention only relevant job posts for your current applications.
- Unnecessary information – Don’t flood your resume with information which you do without, especially if they are no longer relevant to the present position you are applying for.
- Format – Typeface, white space, and the overall layout of your resume all play a role on how you will be seen. Be clean by using simple fonts, have enough white space, and organize your resume with tables and bullets.
- Length – Just a page will do. Summarize all the necessary information in one page so as not to bore your potential employer. Stay relevant, concise, and accurate.
These basic tips can help you come up with an improved resume which can achieve your desired professional look!