A D V E R T I S E M E N T
No matter how you try to maximize your productivity, you will always fall short of expectations if you are a night owl trying to keep up with a 9 to 5 career. Somehow, night owls are wired differently from everybody else, with their full capacity only kicking in once the sun starts to set. This does not mean that you will never be as productive as everyone else. Thankfully, there are careers that are fit for people who prefer working in the night shift. Here are a few of them:
- Healthcare Workers – Nurses, lab technicians, doctors and everybody else in the healthcare industry are definitely expected to work night shifts.
- Casino Dealers – Working in a casino does not only require you to work through the night but also allows you to stay in the middle of an exciting environment. There are training requirements depending on what you would like to do, but every area of opportunity within the industry will surely be the just as exciting for someone like you.
- Computer / IT Specialists – Because servers and computers are often left to operate 24 hours a day, there are big chances for night owls to get the shift that they want if they work for the IT industry.
- Protective Services -Anybody who works to ensure security would need to be on the go in the wee hours of the night. This includes police officers, jail guards, security guards, and the like. Not only does it need you to have complete presence of mind in the wee hours of the night, but it would also require physical endurance despite the late hours.
- Operator Services – Notice how you would always have somebody answering your call anytime you dial 411? Operator services are up and running 24×7, making sure that there’s somebody answering every question you have, even on a holiday.
- Customer Support / Technical Support – Similar to the job of somebody who works as an operator, those who provide customer support are also expected to be online and ready to answer anytime. Especially if the products and services that you handle are critical, the support extended is around the clock.
- Airport Crew / Staff – Airports, especially the major ones, are always open. This is one place where working in the night shift is common. So if you are interested in assisting travelers from all over or in guiding planes as they taxi down the runway, working at an airport might be the career for you.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
These are only a few of the careers that you could consider if you are intent on working in the night shift.Always remember that there is no need to shift your sleeping habits especially if you are truly more productive at night than during the day. Sometimes, it’s the career path you are taking that could use some shift to make your productivity a little better than usual.