A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Preparing for a job interview is more than mandatory for any job applicant in order to increase his or her chances of getting hired. It is understandable that you’ll be nervous because a job interview is a serious matter. However, relaxing for a job interview is something you should seriously consider if you want to present the most professional aura you have to impress your potential employer.
Here are five things you can do for both your body as well as the professional in you when you are preparing for a job interview.
Preparing for a Job Interview and Relaxing Your Body
Having a relaxed body will help save you the jitters during the interview itself. Here are three great tips to follow:
- Get enough sleep – The night before your interview day, make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep. Being nervous may be attributed to not having enough sleep. Your body will work double time to keep you awake and your heart will pump faster. During the interview, the nervousness and lack of sleep will result in a bad combination, so make sure you get enough sleep the night before.
- Have a good meal before the interview – An empty stomach can further add to the weird sensations that being nervous brings. The butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling will be intensified if you didn’t have even just a snack before the interview. If you feel queasy, have a light snack instead of a full meal at least an hour before the interview to make sure your body has processed most of the food.
- Dress comfortably – Make sure the clothes you are wearing won’t add to your discomfort. Pick a set of clothes you know you will be most comfortable in, and you can even try it out at home to get accustomed to it before the day of the interview. You will thank yourself for choosing something you are comfortable being in. Not being self-conscious about how you look in your clothes will also help a lot.
Being the Prepared Professional that You Are
During your free time or days before your scheduled interview, you can be more relaxed and confident by following these two ideas:
- Go through your resume and documents thoroughly – Knowing what you are about to present to your potential employer will give you the advantage of looking and being confident about what you are presenting. Do this by scanning your resume and keeping in mind the top points which can help you be consistent with it should you ever be asked questions.
- Have a mock interview with a friend or colleague – A mock interview can help you prepare for the real thing and may even lessen the nervousness! Having a simulation of the interview can prepare you better for the most common interview questions, and you will also note habits you ought to do away with to have a calmer aura.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Try these tips when preparing for a job interview and you’ll be more relaxed on your big day!